[Chugalug] Ruby Dev

Christopher Rimondi chris.rimondi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:33:38 UTC 2014

We use Ansible and like it a lot. I don't have much experience with Puppet
or Chef so it is tough to compare. I will say that being built on SSH (or
Paramiko) is great from a simplicity stand point. However, I have yet to
scale it to thousands of nodes and I am not quite sure how that would work.
I have configured Ansible to run in serial which could help if you were
worried about resource constraints. Salt uses 0MQ which is pub/sub. That I
would think would scale better. However, you are back to loading the
dependencies on each endpoint...