[Chugalug] Need a CentOS Networking Buff...

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:19:35 UTC 2014

... and Will gets the "Indirectly Answering the Question via Serverfault"
award!

The solution to my problem: Rename the device / interface on the first IP
address from "eth0:0" TO "eth0", and then ensure the second device is named
"eth0:0". All along, my first interface was configured as device name of
"eth0:0" instead of "eth0"

That was the root problem. After editing the file
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifconfig-eth0 so that the device name was
set to eth0 instead of eth0:0, and then ensuring the 2nd file was setup
properly (named ifcfg-eth0:0 with the same device name), everything works

--
David White
Founder & CEO

*Develop CENTS *