[Chugalug] Ruby Dev

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:01:49 UTC 2014

Yeah, that was one of the methods that I had in one of my previous
technical interviews - the engineer spun up a fresh EC2 instance, and I
joined a screen session to demonstrate various skills he asked about.

It was pretty cool - I've never done that before, I think I'd prefer to do
that over just verbal questions and try to communicate via dialogue. I
guess I'm lacking a little bit in the ability to articulate certain ideas
and topics. Sometimes it's easier to demonstrate it by keyboard instead of
solely by voice.

However, that's probably covered by the "Excellent communication and
writing skills" requirement in most of the positions I've applied for. :P

At least my disabilities are being addressed, and once I get another job, I
will *not* have to be in constant terror that I'll lose my job in a day.
That has been the root cause of several of my medical problems. I seem to
*never* get the two week notice that most companies claim to prefer.

Argh, sorry for the core dump.

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith