[Chugalug] FYI:Linux and Software Defined Radio

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Thu Mar 27 15:59:44 UTC 2014

funcube is not the best on price or frequency spread from what I can tell.

I found where one guy took two of these, and with some php, has built an
online database of his local EMS trunking traffic.
He even has the freaking swat team in his archives!

And the Hackrf project with its transmit capability is very interesting.
And the design files are opensource.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:50:45 -0400, Alex Smith (K4RNT)
<shadowhunter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Man, they're complaining a lot, sound a little like children.
>
> What do you expect for $50 in equipment, a bloody Icom shortwave
> receiver?
>
> This is interesting as a project, not as a commercial device. :P
>
> 73 de K4RNT
>
> " ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
> the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
> >irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom
> and warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we’re all
> >damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie, Star Trek: TNG
> episode "The Drumhead"
> - Alex Smith
> - Dulles Technology Corridor (Chantilly/Ashburn/Dulles), Virginia USA
>

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM, DaWorm <daworm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Alex Smith (K4RNT)
>> <shadowhunter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have an article in QST magazine about SDR, using a DVB-T dongle.
>>
>> Lot's of interesting links in this thread...
>>
>> http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,82601.0.html
>>
>> Jeff.

The unregulated free market is like Yog-Sothoth, a mythical being whose
followers make bloody sacrifice to hasten its arrival to this world.