[Chugalug] Ruby Dev

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:42:09 UTC 2014

I've started to learn *basic* Ruby programming, but nowhere near the skill
level to be a full-time developer. I'm trying to use Python and Ruby
programming knowledge to boost my resume for Linux and UNIX system
administrator positions.

Hey, while we're on the topic, anyone want to explain to me the term
DevOps? I've heard the term several times, and I'm getting conflicting
information on what it is - from what I've been told, it's kinda the merge
between development and IT operations. If that's the correct term, I might
want to shift my career goal towards that, having plenty of IT operations
experience, and a little bit of programming knowledge.

I don't want to be a developer, I like being a system administrator and
system engineer. System engineering and hardware engineering are my current
career goals.

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith