[Chugalug] Did you hear? The IRS wants your Bitcoins!

Stephen Kraus ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 23:18:28 UTC 2014

Taxation is not theft. Taxation is expecting that you have to pay into a
system that you take advantage of every day either through the use of
public roads, fire departments, police enforcement, sewage systems,
scientific achievements paid for by government grants, etc. Social
contracts oblige you to pay taxes to have access to the benefits that are
common to all, whether you ever utilize them or not.

Its not theft. It might FEEL like theft to you because you are required to
do so, but chances are you gain more back in tax returns than you pay net
into taxes over your lifetime.

Ironically, the 'taxes are theft' is pushed heavily by the wealthy, the
ones who largely are privy to loopholes that allow them to avoid taxes to
begin with.