[Chugalug] Ruby Dev

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Mar 25 15:33:05 UTC 2014

I just met an above average Ruby and Ruby on Rails guy from Australia
whome just moved to Chattanooga from Sydney Australia so his wife could be
closer to home.

He has an impressive resume and a deeper than "just a rails dev" set of
skills. He is also entertaining leaving Chattanooga because finding a good
job in his core skill set is difficult,

I'm posting his resume (text extract) in hope the Chugalug Gestalt can
keep a guy like this in Chattanooga. He's only been here a few weeks and
dispite all the GigCity buzz, can't find a fit for his caliber.

The bad text formatting is my fault.. his PDF resume is pretty neat and
clean.

-------------------

Adam Baker 423-432-2562

Lead Application Developer

January 2014 to present, Amnesty International Australia, Chattanooga
Tennessee May 2011 to December 2013, Amnesty International Australia,
Sydney Australia

Achievements
● Gathered requirements, designed, implemented, tested and deployed a
custom CRM system using Ruby, PostgreSQL, Padrino and AngularJS.
● Designed and implemented an automated batch importation system using
delayed_job, Rails 3 and coffeescript.
● Created a secure file exchange portal to exchange files between the
organization and our suppliers using Rails 3, PostgreSQL, bcrypt, AES and
RSA, https, sftp and AWS.
● Built a SQL and ruby based reporting system to allow users to run and
schedule their own reports.
● Working remotely since moving from Sydney to Chattanooga, TN

Responsibilities
● Full Stack application development
● Liaise with all stakeholders from end users to external suppliers to
gather
requirements for automating tasks and building a custom enterprises
system.
● Design, build, test and deploy a custom CRM system to be used
organization
wide and eventually by external users in Australia and globally.
● Support existing CRM system by automating tasks and debugging and
fixing
errors.
● Assisting with team management and project scheduling.

Student
June 2009 - May 2011, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
●Major in Computer Science
● Minor inInformation Systems Minor in Marketing
● For the last two years, managed part time study with full time work.

Land Surveyor
May 2008 - June 2009, Hard and Forester Consulting Surveyors, Sydney
Australia
●Gather and follow detailed requirements to provide desired plans or
construction setout.
●Test and implement processes to deliver the most accurate results
within the shortest timeframe.
● Work alone or lead a team of 2-4 people. Site Engineer