[Chugalug] What are the $%& boxes waiting for? :(

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Tue Mar 25 13:29:33 UTC 2014

These are single boxes, doing different tasks (email, DNS, database) with no
other relationship between them than they are located in the same building,
connected to the same network and providing the services enumerated above
(plus some other things) while running some Debian, some LFS, and several
releases (6, 7, etc).

They all exhibit the same behavior under nmon, LOTS of waiting state in the
processors.

I can't figure out what in the $#%&@ WORLD! the stupid processors are
waiting for...
I can't even come up with a meaningful Google search!   :(
ET