[Chugalug] Home Media Cloud Server

Nick Smith nick at nicksmith.us
Mon Mar 24 19:03:36 UTC 2014

What type of "garbage" are you talking about? Plex pretty much gives you
the power to run your own personal netflix.  If you dont need some
features, like music or photos, you dont have to use them.
I dont run plex on linux, but im pretty sure that it will run from CLI, you
dont need a desktop environment.
Ive been extremely happy with plex. I couldnt recommend anything else
honestly, its the best ive found.
If you are a subscriber, they are also adding "cloud sync" where you can
sync your media to google drive or drop box, and you dont even have to have
your media server turned on and you can still stream your content directly
from the net.