[Chugalug] ESXi Server Odd Behavior

Jonathan Calloway jonathancalloway at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:53:59 UTC 2014

I come out of the system administration side of things when it comes to Macs, so for me, OS X virtualizaiton means installing OS X server and setting up an Open Directory instance, and having a couple client images to bind to that domain.  I’ve also wanted to play around with using Puppet for client management in OS X, stuff like that.

In my previous job I used a third party product to integrate OS X into AD.  I had a lab with a Mac Pro with OS X Server on it.  I had VMWare Fusion running 2 Windows servers, and I used that to do things like prepare GPO update for production.  I wish that ESXi had supported Apple hardware back in those days.  Now that I have been away from that for almost 3 years, I’m kind of getting a hankering to play with it again.  It seems like the prices of Dual Xeon Mac Pros on eBay is starting to come down, and that’s encouraging.

<JC>