[Chugalug] ESXi Server Odd Behavior

Joseph Simoneau joseph.simoneau at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 13:04:04 UTC 2014

I feel like a Mac Pro isn't super cost-effective for this. But if you want
to run OS X under virtualization, it'd do more than a Mini or something...I
just don't know how much it matters. IMHO, what OS X is good at
(video/audio creation/editing, etc.) doesn't work well under virtualization
anyway. There's often too much hardware to pass-through and the RAM and
real-time processing requirements are too high.

Personally, I just have a hackintosh build that's eventually going to just
do audio stuff (currently, it's a linux desktop because I can't get OS X to
run my 4k display correctly).

-js