[Chugalug] So what is the state of making your own circuit boards?

32cstyle . cstyle31 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 19:08:01 UTC 2014

The ExpressPCB and PCBExpress I didn't have good experience with. Well,
lets say that the design
portion was pretty good. Yet, when my design was done. It was going to cost
me over 120 bucks for
3 boards plus S&H.

I thought I would save the design as a .bmp. Then take that image to a
transparency that I would use
for etching.The programmers were too smart for that. The scaling was way
off. Even when I used photoshop
it was off. I spent a weekend learning the software to draw my schematic,
and layout the board. Just to find
out I couldn't use it.

Just know, if you go that route, you'll have to use their product from
begin to end.