[Chugalug] Amazing piece of kit! (Chromebook)

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 13:21:10 UTC 2014

Got a an Acer C720 Chromebook (refurb $169) for my daughter yesterday.

A truly amazing cheap piece of gear. Here is my summary:

Slim, light, well constructed, and beautiful
8+ hours of battery
Killer processor, very speedy (Intel Celeron-Haswell)
Boots in 7 seconds, sleeps instantly, and wakes up happy.
16GB SSD that is upgradeable to 120GB for $99 (amazon)
2gb Ram (not upgradeable, there is a 4gb version as well)
Is a video streaming workhorse. Hulu and Netflix run amazingly well on 2gb.
100GB of Google Drive ($60 value per year)
Easily upgradeable to several flavors of Linux

BEST sub $200 kit purchase ever!

This is the perfect device for kids and families. Buy a couple and leave them on the charger till needed. whoever wants to watch/surf/email/facebook/candycrush grabs one from the pile and does their thing.

I wish I could justify one for me.... but with a laptop and 2 iPads, and a smartphone...

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / snapfōn®
www.snapfon.com
phil.sieg at seniortechllc.com

Phone: 423.535.9968
Fax: 423.265.9820
Mobile: 423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011