[Chugalug] Is there a Security Focused mobile OS?

Joseph Simoneau joseph.simoneau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:02:01 UTC 2014

Such a thing would be weird to design and possibly use. The baseband
processors required for cellular communications and the structure of the
network itself are kind of the antithesis of secure, anonymous, or
misrepresented communications.

There's one project I read about, but initial review were that their design
was basically useless. 8 think it was called blackbird or something.

That being said, I feel like the right way to do it would be end-to-end
secure VoIP/messaging connected to a mobile access point in a separate
physical device. But it would still leak location and one endpoint of
identity.

-js