[Chugalug] btrfs experiences?

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 03:19:05 UTC 2014

ZFS allows you to add disks on the fly, and RAID-Z removes the requirement
of striping in new drives. I haven't used it in a large enough environment
as your application, but I have not had the best experience with LVM. There
is plenty of documentation that will help you in your research. It's even
available on FreeBSD or Illumos (nee OpenSolaris). It's also I believe the
default filesystem on FreeNAS.

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Joseph Simoneau <joseph.simoneau at gmail.com