[Chugalug] Linux VM Host Choices

Matt Keys mk6032 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 01:01:41 UTC 2014

Maybe this will help? I have a block of WAN IPs and ..

kvm_host : $wan_ip1 is eth0 nic
kvm_host bridge eth0 as br0

now on the cli I create the equiv of a vswitch with ..

$ sudo brctl addbr br1
$ sudo ifconfig br1 up
$ sudo virt-manager

create pfsense vm with two nics, view/details, change the vnic0 to br0,
vnic1 to br1. pfsense uses vnic0/br0 as the 'wan' interface and
vnic1/br1 as the 'lan' interface.

create lamp vm with 1 nic assigned to br0 and assign $wan_ip2.

on pfsense forward wan port 80 to lan $wan_ip2