[Chugalug] OT: Solar Panels

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Fri Mar 14 11:22:37 UTC 2014

Just adding a final note to the thread. almost 2 weeks ago I put a
Unisolar ePVL-68, a flexible 68 watt solar panel on the roof of our RV with a
MorningStar 10amp PWM (not MPTT) controller. It was an awesome easy
install and you can barely tell it's on the RV compared to the biger
panels. I've seen it peak at 4amps at 12 volts... working well so far.
total cost of less than 300 for 60-ish watts is a little pricey but I'm
impressed by the way it fit on ther roof flush and the general quality of
materials. And the adhesive: I don't think I could get it off if I tried.
Worth considering if you need such stuff.