[Chugalug] Untangle?

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:25:03 UTC 2014

No serial output either. The hardware literally only has HDMI out, and
Display Port out.

I loaded pfSense onto it, but was having trouble getting it configured, as
I still couldn't get a display. I was working in the dark (and switching
out the hard drive onto a different box - but the box I was using to load
the software only had 1 NIC, which further complicated matters).

In the end, we decided to replace it. The box they had wouldn't have been
able to handle the load / volume of traffic / amount of clients they're
expecting within the next year or two anyway, and they were already
complaining of slow internet / network traffic.

Friday was the first day I ever set food in the building, so I'm not sure
if I'll be called upon to help them with the other mess their network has
(it's not in pretty shape). They're on a temporary pfSense box that I
loaned them until we replace it with a beefy server (or if they decide they
want to spend oodles of money and get something like a Cisco 2950 or
something...).

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> running Untangle, which I'm not familiar with. Here's the odd thing -
>> Whoever set it up for them set it up on a motherboard that doesn't have
>> VGA, DVI, or Console out - it only has HDMI and Display Port, and even with
>> a HDMI -> DVI adapter, the IT guy (who admits he's not a network / hardware
>> guy) over there wasn't able to get display into the box.
>>

> Any chance it's setup for serial ?
>
> Almost Worst case, document what they think it should be doing and load
> pfSense of something else.  Worst case: firewalls are commodity items.
> Replace it.

David White
Founder & CEO

*Develop CENTS *