[Chugalug] chugalug ham net?

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:04:08 UTC 2014

I would *love* to build something to connect between Chattanooga and
Knoxville that didn't require internet or repeaters. I was thinking about
10Meters with an NVIS antenna to see how well that worked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Vertical_Incidence_Skywave

I have family there that's trying to get their license and I want to get
the FM portion of the 10M band working (so that a tech class could use it)
so that we could communicate. Antennas and theory are really my love right
now. I've got a long way to go to learn about it and I'm reading some
books, but this stuff is seriously fascinating.

-B