[Chugalug] Tower Server?

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 02:51:52 UTC 2014

Do you have any SPARC gear that you'd be willing to offload? That'd be
something I'd be interested in, but it'd have to be for free, since after
this month, I will be having to move back in with family in Lincoln County,
and I'm using the absolute last of the resources in my name to live until
then.

I have a Sun Fire V125 and a Sun Blade 2500 Red right now, but with SPARC
support from Oracle dwindling, it's a good place to play with Illumos (nee
OpenSolaris) and maybe FreeBSD.

The Sun Blade is a great piece of hardware. I wish that they still made
that stuff - incredibly easy to work on, and quality components.

Oracle has treated the remains of Sun HORRIBLY.

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith