[Chugalug] Fwd: Modis.NET

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Wed Mar 5 18:48:56 UTC 2014

To be honest, .NET does it really bad with WebForms. It attempted to
take drag and drop application developers and stick them on the web.
Ack! So the .NET web application development pool is filled with people
that use a GUI to write applications.

The entire framework is a nightmare, I run into a constant love/hate
relationship with it due to it's control structure (sort of nice) and
event driven structure (shoot me now), Microsoft seals everything on
this stack and it makes me furious.

At this point though it's MVC.NET or you're an idiot, WebForms becomes
an unmanageable mess, bad developers just write messy spaghetti code
that ignores the way the internet works, and good developers write
workarounds for limitations in WebForms, and neither of these are clean
implementations and WebForms is a mess to automate testing for too.

William Roush
william.roush at roushtech.net
423-463-0592

http://www.roushtech.net/blog/