[Chugalug] Odd EPB Behavior

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Mar 3 17:26:56 UTC 2014

On Mar 3, 2014, at 12:14 PM, wes <wes at the-wes.com> wrote:

> This is the reason we can only have 1 secure site on a web server: in order to have more, we have to have a single certificate with multiple names valid on it. This is hard to do, though some solutions have been coming out recently which make it easier.

StartSSL.com does this VERY well, although they will run you through the “are we really sure we want to let you do this” wringer.
I got emails from intelligent real humans when I did it, they wanted to know what I was doing and why.

Not all browsers like that behavior and will live you some warnings depending on their security settings.

In the end, we got more IP addresses and put single domain wildcard certificates up.

—Mike—