[Chugalug] OT: Local Hero Film Fest

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Mon Mar 3 14:16:08 UTC 2014

El Jeffe ask me to pass this along. seee the pr spot at the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/61llrtakvhv63x4/LocalHero_PSA_A_2014%20-%20Broadband.m4v

Those not local my apologies.
And yes this my revenge for those bitcoin crusades/jihads.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
hey folks,

i know, most of you're crazy busy like i am.  so, i fully understand how
difficult it is to take the time to stop and watch some "viral" video or
one of those "you've GOT to see this" or "Too Good NOT to share"
treasures.  but these really ARE worth your time.

AND, i think they'll help you wrap your brain around the overall concept
of what we're trying to achieve with "Local Hero".  we want to show the
rest of the world...and our own neighbors...what kind of outdoor
opportunities exist in our own backyard.  the majority of them overlooked
or taken for granted.

plus, this isn't something we've really shared...but we should have.
we're actually using this contest/event, as a means to collect extremely
hard-to-find footage of remarkably difficult spots to get to (like the
trough of "hell's hole" on the ocoee or halfway down the 300 foot drop
into "fantastic pit") and we're donating them to the local CVB.  Later,
once they have a truly unique library of "go to" video that will be the
envy of any other city wishing to attract the "thrill-seeking" target
demographic...they'll be able to utilize them as needed, to continue
building Chattanooga's brand as an "outdoor adventure" destination.

BUT, we also want the more typical shots of families gently floating down
the "sequatichie" or just sliding down the hill at "renaissance park" on
cardboard, too.  and if they're shot through the viewpoint of someone
who's sincerely enjoying and recording an important moment in their
lives...i think that will come through to the casual viewer.

please view, at your convenience, and help spread the word through
whatever format you have available to you.  and join us.  shoot your own
video, highlighting your own outdoor fun and/or thrill-seeking.
stick-and-ball sports are welcome.  hunters, fishermen are welcome.
rugby, soccer...come on in!

here are some examples of the types of videos we've already had come in:

offroad unicycling -
https://vimeo.com/86133600

these are from one of our "outdoor organization partners"...the
'Southeastern Climbers Coalition':
http://vimeo.com/72118303
http://vimeo.com/54166208

but they can be as simple as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfIBq-2qmQ

i actually put this one together myself, in a single day, during the last
"winter weather event" we had...just to show how easy it can be for
beginners:
https://vimeo.com/85314178

we'd really appreciate whatever you can do at this 11th hour, last minute.

please see the attached press release.  the bulleted information below can
be used as well.

NEW SPONSORS are ALWAYS WELCOME!  contact Brooke Fantana:
brooke at atomicfilms.com<mailto:brooke at atomicfilms.com> - 267-3456.

spread the word, join the fun, and share the wealth of our region's
natural beauty and opportunity for relexation AND adventure in the
easiest, most creative way possible.