[Chugalug] Any problems with phpmyadmin & Mariadb?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Sep 30 12:22:36 UTC 2013

> I just install MariaDB 10 and was wondering if phpMyadmin was
> compatable.

If you install it, made dang sure it's in a strange directory url and
preferably the whole directory tree limited to access from a single IP
address. It's full of holes and exploits.

MySQL Workbench (Oracle), HeidiSQL (Windows),  Webyog, SQLog,
and phpMyAdmin all support the common features of MySQL and Maria
and will fail on Maria specific features such as dynamic columns
and some of the other database engines (Aria for example).

My advice:  Learn how to do what you need at a prompt, text editor, etc..