[Chugalug] Soliciting Location Suggestions for next Chugalug Meetup

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 14:48:46 UTC 2013

As many of you recall, we had a Chugalug meetup back in June that I had
helped plan, but then had to bail at the very last minute and miss the
meeting (which I was disappointed about).

That was hosted on the 4th Floor of the Library.

I tried a couple months ago to nail down another date for hosting a similar
event, but that failed miserably due to a number of reasons.

I want to try doing it again, soon, but we will likely be looking into
doing it at a different venue (also for multiple reasons).

I'm still willing to help take a lead role in planning and organizing the
event / meetup / lining up speakers, but if folks wanted to help, I'd
welcome the help.

The main point of this email is to solicit suggestions for a possible venue
(besides the 4th Floor) for a similar type of event - a half-day meeting of
workshops (possibly break-out style), hardware swap, etc...

The goal is to maybe even turn this into a regular occurrence (Quarterly?),
and the ultimate goal is to attempt a Chattanooga Technology Conference in
the next year or two that many of you will recall was discussed about very
early this year.

Anyone have space we could use for a half-day meetup, and/or have
suggestions for such a space? A caveat is "free" would be very, very nice
(and almost mandatory).

Also, contact me if you want to help with the next meetup and/or help with
the longer-term brainstorming and planning for an actual (well
though-through, well planned, well executed) conference.

- David

--
David White
Founder & CEO