[Chugalug] Is LibreOffice *THAT* bad? :(

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Fri Sep 27 23:11:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everyone who going to bat for LibreOffice - did you miss the part where ET
> said that the program *DID MATH WRONG*.

My interpretation was that it's likely that by "did math wrong" he
meant "didn't import the Excel formulas correctly". I'd have to know
more before I made a judgement; I've yet to catch Libre/OpenOffice
mucking up spreadsheet calculations, but I also have done my
spreadsheets solely in those tools.

Which goes back to my observation that LibreOffice has been fine for
me as long as I never tried to interoperate with Microsoft files. As
soon as I did that, I had to be veeeery careful.

Dan