[Chugalug] Is LibreOffice *THAT* bad? :(

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 23:06:11 UTC 2013

Everyone who going to bat for LibreOffice - did you miss the part where ET
said that the program *DID MATH WRONG*.

That's not some "obscure feature set" needed only by "power users" or
people who are afraid of change.... That's the one thing that no
**computer** program should ever get wrong.

COMPUTER...  it computes.  That is its original intention.  It's native
language is 1s and 0s.  A computer spreadsheet that can't do math correctly
is not just useless - it's dangerous and should be avoided like the plague.

I like the idea of Libre/Open Office.  It is what introduced me to open
source as being a thing that exists.  But if Calc (the name of the
Spreadsheet mode of the program) can't Calculate - it shouldn't be allowed
to continue to exist... not until they fix that.  omg.

*- Chad W. Smith*