[Chugalug] Is LibreOffice *THAT* bad? :(

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Fri Sep 27 22:29:59 UTC 2013

 From what I read it is the spreadsheet that gets people. The Write or comp
part is doable.
My question is everyone knows that excel users are using it as a mini db,
how much of those issues are due to that?
In other words is your brother trying to do something that LO/OO thinks
should be done in Base?

Also as others pointed out there are work flow differences as there are
with many commercial office suites.
He would have issues if tried to go to wordperfect or Amipro.
Didn't mean they didn't have feature set, they just went about it
differently.
I had that issue when my old job just decided I was going for WP to MS
office for no other reason than it was what was installed on the new
machine.
Screwed my work flow for a while.

On the other hand your hermano may be one of those power users who uses
the obscure feature set that MS has that no else does.
Can't tell until we have an example. Tho spreadsheets wern't my forte.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office#Spreadsheet_applications:_LibreOffice_Calc_vs._Microsoft_Excel