[Chugalug] [OT] Need a small server

DaWorm daworm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 12:45:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Stephen Haywood <
stephen at averagesecurityguy.info> wrote:

> Dave,
>
>  I did forget to mention the use case. I need a small portable box that I
> can load up with virtual machines for a training class I'm doing. The Mac
> mini is ultra portable and has enough horse power to run a few VMs. I want
> a Quadcore with at least 8Gb of RAM and a small form factor.

I've used a couple of the lower end Zotac boxes.  Got one for my dad and
put in an SSD to reduce the total moving parts to one fan, since his other
machines were constantly breaking down.  Been a good little box.  Not sure
about the higher end ones, but they meet or exceed you specs.

http://www.zotacusa.com/products/mini-pcs

Jeff.