[Chugalug] [OT] Need a small server

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Fri Sep 27 10:58:45 UTC 2013

On Fri September 27 2013 1:21:10 AM Matt Keys wrote:
> $629, supermicro barebones LGA 1366 (i7, xeon 5600) 2u rackmount, 6 bay
> sata2 hotswaps raid0/1/5/10, 24gb max ddr3 1333, dual gbe nics :
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101235[1]
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101232[2]

I cannot recommend NewEgg after they sold me a used hard drive pulled from an
external drive and sold it to me as new. As others have said, shop NewEgg for
the reviews, but don't actually *buy* from them.

Amazon has a Supermicro 1RU rackmount server for under $500 --
http://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-SuperServer-LGA1155-Barebone-SYS-5017C-MF/dp/B005190XWA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380279403&sr=8-2&keywords=Supermicro+barebones+server