[Chugalug] Retooling... Home Entertainment - Linux Centric ?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Fri Sep 27 01:17:39 UTC 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013, Lynn Dixon wrote:

> Another Plex Lifetime PlexPass member here!  I love me some Plex on my Roku!I also take my Roku with me
> when I travel since its tiny enough to fit almost in your pocket.  Android app is pretty good as well.

Hmm.. learned something. Never heard of Plex http://plexapp.com

I gotta admit, I don't care about remote access to TV/Movies when
travelling, got too much else to do. But the Plex Media Server looks
pretty good, will have to give it a try. They even have a Linux version :)

Been looking at hardware for drives and sound, looks like my best long
term solution is to separate out the sound system amp/speakers.
I'm trying to simplify... with high quality stuff that will last
a few generations of other technology.