[Chugalug] Retooling... Home Entertainment - Linux Centric ?

Nick Smith nick at nicksmith.us
Thu Sep 26 21:07:32 UTC 2013

I have no problem accessing my plex server from anywhere.  I took a roku on
vacation with me on vacation and had no problems once i got it connected to
wifi. ( plex server is at home on epb)
You have to open port 32400 on your firewall for your plex server and
register it with the my.plexapp.com site on your account. Ive been using it
for years and am a life time plexpass member.
You can also login to my.plexapp.com and stream your video from chrome
without the client, the client is kinda clunky and i didnt like it. It
looks alot better through the web interface, more like netflix.

Plex is the best media server software by FAR ive ever found, it beats
anything else, hands down IMHO.

If you have any questions or problems id be glad to help.