[Chugalug] Retooling... Home Entertainment - Linux Centric ?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 19:57:08 UTC 2013

1. Samsung "home theater" (Bluray player with an amp built in). I have the
lowest model with the tube-based amplifier.

2. Roku player plugged into the Samsung. The Samsung has it's own app store
and can stream Netflix but the apps all suck. The Roku is much, much better.

3. Plex on my NAS (not in the living room). Plex provides a "channel" on
the Roku that streams videos, MP3s, photo albums. You can also view content
from Plex on almost any device. And yes, Plex is a descendent of XBMC but
doesn't require an X-Box.

-Eric