[Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: OT: Passwords

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Sep 24 16:57:54 UTC 2013

> Definitely not work-appropriate where I work. The manager for this location
> (not MY manager) is a nice guy, but he's apparently super-religious and I
> don't think he'd appreciate that sort of language. :(

When used with the right tone and meaning, any word/vocalization becomes profanity.
Once established (through repetition, stories or shared experiences) it's
all about what your brain thinks it means:

Which leads to appropriate cuss words for FOSS/Linux/Android/MacOSX fans:

   "Blue Screen!"

   "FSCK You!" or "FDSK You!"

   "Sweet William H. Gates!"  (like "Sweet Jesus H. Christ" - never knew what the H was for.. )

   "In the name of Jobs... ' or  "In the name of Linus... "

   "Format!"  "Formatting!"

and of course, the athiests catch all profanity:   "Buttercups!"