[Chugalug] Decentralized Services

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Tue Sep 24 14:07:00 UTC 2013

I been thinking on this awhile. Even before the current nsa flareup.
The old idea was revive fido with something akin to the 1bbs script that
turns a linux box into a bbs.

Lately I been taking a nostalgia tour into Gopher and doing research into
what is being done with it lately.
Found a blog about creating a gopher server with inetd(remember that?) and
some php.
Got to thinking why not use sshd instead? Or have public gophers with
everything encrypted using public/private key gpg.
Add an alt DNS top level domain to really screw with some folk.