[Chugalug] EPB announcement

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Sep 24 11:37:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Andrew Rodgers wrote:

> I want EPB to host linux repos. I would love to get all of my updates at the full gigabit speed, with no cost to EPB for backhaul.
> For that matter, they should host windows updates too.

Just guessing from the past history of some of the people that work at
EPB: there probably is some good repo's and a hellacious warez collection.
But you'd have to be part of the club.

I'll have to admit, the difference between the old kewl-style ISP's and
the new large corporate behemouths is exactly that type of thing.
It would give EPB an +1 or more to run:  (if they do please post
addresses/info here))

   * NTP (time) server
   * NNTP (news) server (even if text only)
   * Repo/Distro Mirrors
   * Freeware/ShareWare/FOSS Mirrors
   * IRC server

The repo/distro/update/ms-update mirrors might be transparent cache's
already. If done right, it's tricky to determine the actual source of
those bytes.

Anyone know?   (I'm not on EPB, I have no info...)