[Chugalug] ButterFly ASIC Single arrived -- My review

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 20:17:06 UTC 2013

Again,
Your links appear to support the fact they have a legitmate business
license. As a business owner myself, I have had my tax reporting go
delinquent. I am not sure about Kansas, but in TN, I had forgot to file my
quarterly returns by ONE DAY...ONE freaking DAY.  Even after I had
filed/paid my taxes, I still received a letter from the bureau telling me I
was late. So, it appears they had a delinquency, big deal. They resolved
the delinquency. No harm, no foul, even the best businesses let things slip
sometimes.  As long as it gets rectified I have no problem with this.

As for the disolution in MS, its possible they may have to just decided to
let that license lapse. Why would they need it if they did not do business
in that state?  Maybe they had plans to expand to MS, but those plans
withered?  Who knows. I do not have a business license for every state in
the US, only the ones where I must collect sales tax (I only have a
presence in TN, so I only need TN).

I still cant find anyting noting Germany refusing BFL shipments. There were
some posts on the forums with a very small number of people having issues
with them clearing customs, but there are also a number of people in
Germany and other parts of the EU that have had no issues receiving them.
 Customs is a strange thing...sometimes stuff goes through without a
problem, sometimes it doesn't.  I would like to see some links of your
resources where you get this information for my own benefit.

There are also 2 accounts on the Lug of people (Myself included) receiving
their shipments, and not being scammed.  Everyone knew a year ago, that
when we bought our rigs, we would not get them for a long time.  It was a
pre-order. Yes, I went over a year before receiving my product, but I knew
that well before I bought.   In this same light, BFL has been superb with
refunding customers whom wanted a refund, even up to almost a year after
their purchase.  I have yet to see valid reports of people being "scammed"
by BFL.  It boils down to this:
1. We knew the product would be a long time out, BEFORE we paid
2. BFL has been good at refunding customers when they ask. I haven't seen
any reports of them refusing refunds (although they are a bit slow at
refunds taking a day or 2 to process).
3. People are receving their rigs, enmasse.  I received mine, Matt received
his, and all the fols I know paitent enough to wait are receiving theirs.
 I have yet to hear of anyone not getting their orders or their money back.

The "sell your pre-order" system was something that alot of the customers
wanted.  It had been requested time and time again on the BFL forums, and
they relented and set it up.  It's merely a classifieds system, where BFL
has no part in the transaction.  They do not partake in any of the sales,
or managing of the person-to-person sale of thier pre-order.  If I sell my
pre-order for its face value, its perfectly legal to do so.  I see no
problems in that.  What makes this illegal?

The company is founded by a scammer?  One of the investors did get into
trouble for running a gambling website several years back.  He served his
time, and paid his debt to society.  If he wants to invest in other
businesses, I see no problem with this.  Hell, we could argue that Donald
Trump is a scammer...look at his success.

It's just hard for me to grasp why people scream "SCAMMER!!! HISS!! HISS!!"
at the company, when they have been shipping a metric crap ton of products
to their customers.  They missed their shipping deadline, they admitted it.
 They even offered to refund customers because of this.  They have honored
the refund requests.  Now, they are shipping product, there are two eye
witnesses here on the lug with their products in hand, making money from
them.  How does this make the company a "SCAM!!!" ?  They are still, to
this day, honoring refund requests, even a year after initial payment. This
seems OK to me.