[Chugalug] [OT] Chugalug site style broken

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Sep 19 03:16:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Sean Brewer wrote:
> I don't know if you intended to have extra links in the navbar, but they're making the navbar collide with the content.

Thanks for the THWACK.

Pseudo-intentional. "Widget" created top menu links for some extra major
recent categories: GigCity, Library, Meetings and Organization based on
some keyword matches...  Which made the menu bigger than intended in that
CSS.

The proper fix using bootstrap is to not change the CSS, but to change the
HTML in the template.  I changed:

to be:

and it works/looks much better with a lot of menu items.. if you have a
wide browser window.

The menu will automatically shrink back as some articles "age".

And yeah.. this is the fun of slapping together a CMS for a website..