[Chugalug] New book - Zero to Maker

Nate Hill nathanielhill at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:00:54 UTC 2013

Thanks Phil:
I really do encourage chugaluggers to take advantage of this service...
please, request book purchases and help beef up our collection.
Also, check out some of the great stuff you can access on our research
page:
http://chattlibrary.org/research
More specifically, in the highlights section:
"Beginning Programming and Consumer Technology eBooks
Covers Java, C#, ASP.NET, MySQL, Ruby, Web development, gaming as well as
Microsoft office products, digital photography, social media, PC
maintenance, the latest mobile gadgets and more."
And by next week you should be able to access
Treehouse<http://teamtreehouse.com/> content
with a library card as well.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com> wrote:

> Hi chugaluggers,
>
>  We need copies of this new book in the Chattanooga Public Library.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mckkxxe
>
>   If someone with a Chatt library card can request it, that would be great.
>
>   Here is what you can make the request.
>
> http://chattlibrary.org/content/patron-request-purchase-library-materials
>
>     If anyone here reviews the book on Amazon.com -- kindly let me know.
>  Your book review can be text or video.
>
> See for example http://tinyurl.com/kvht6d4
>
>     The pixel dimensions of that video are 320 x 240.  File size 88 MB
> (must be less than 100 MB).  Duration
> about 6 minutes.
>
>       If we had several Chatt reviewers of this book, that would be even
> better. It's fine in your book review to say,
> "Here in Chattanooga, ...."
>
>                   phil
>

> --
> Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com