[Chugalug] Whoa, people actually subscribed to /r/chugalug

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 03:16:11 UTC 2013

Reddit has been around almost as long as Digg (which is still totally a
thing).  Digg is just 6 months or so older.

I was HUGE into Digg at one point, one of its top 20 submitters, back when
they tracked such things.  (Side note - thanks to my connections here in
Chugalug, I got to actually meet Kevin Rose - I met him and his DiggNation
crew at the airport and drove some of them downtown.)

But to say that Reddit is the flavor of the month is very unfair.  It was
founded in June, 2005.  8+ years is a really, really long month.

*- Chad W. Smith*