[Chugalug] Open Source at Chatt. Tech Council Tomorrow.

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 17 19:25:05 UTC 2013

From: Andrew Pierce <foomonkey at gmail.com>

I worked at Unum for 14 years. In that time, I used all the corporate shit that Microsoft and IBM sold us. I was a voice crying in the wilderness that we could save a ton of money by implementing some open source software, even if all we did was stand up some Linux-based file and print servers. I was always shut down with the response that, "we have a corporate policy against any open source software." Finally, in my last year there, I got Linux blessed as a supported OS and now, they are in the process of migrating all their AIX-based software over to Linux.

"You can recognize a pioneer by the arrows in his back"