[Chugalug] EPB announcement

Aaron welch n2nightfall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 17:53:46 UTC 2013

Just got off the phone with the paper as they always ask my opinion when
EPB makes announcements.  My take is that this is a really good marketing
plan, but it has no real substance as EPB has consistently stated that "Gig
Service" is only cheap if you don't use it.  I also stated that it is
frustrating when businesses that can provide a real world use case for the
network do not get a chance without paying extremely high service rates on
the chance that we will consistently use the bandwidth.  Just my 2 cents.
 Not an EPB hater, just want to see real innovation with what they have
built.

-AW

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com> wrote:

>   This screencast shows a visual representation of gigabit speed -- with a
> file
> transfer of 4.5 GB (the same as a DVD worth of data).
>
>   Takes less than two minutes.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_dtKZLkXKo
>
>              phil

Aaron Welch