[Chugalug] Open Source "personality flaw" .. let's stay focused, people

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Mon Sep 16 15:16:21 UTC 2013

To me, that well-intentioned reply is just chock-full of gasoline .. primed to start a big fire instead of improving the situation, although surely not intended to do so.

I'd like to refocus the attention of the group squarely on what, I think, the problem is:  "Listservs suck."  :-)

I'd like a forum, please.  A list of topics and threads that I can visit regularly in my browser, to conveniently choose and thence to follow whatever is of interest to me.  The "digests," sometimes dozens a day and sometimes many times an hour, quite frankly are next-to unusable.  (And if they get filled-up with GPG-encrypted posts, they are "beyond(!) utterly useless" and become "richly annoying.")

I want to know what's happening around here, but I can't stand a Listserv much longer.  If it stays, I go.

So...  "solution == 'a forum.'"  How can we quickly and easily get there?

"TMTOWTDI = There's More Than One Way To Do It," and this particular "way to do it" ... ahh ... sucks.  (To me, at least.)  So, how can we replace this -- quickly, easily, "Done."