[Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: iPads for Everyone

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Sep 16 15:01:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Ed King wrote:
> I've heard a rumor that the Ruth's Chris Steak restaurant near Hamilton Place area used iPads to take orders...
> but I can't vouch for that cause I am not the kinda guy to pay $100 for a meal for two...     well I might have to
> do that soon as my 9 year marriage anniversary is coming up this week

Any woman that has been married to you, Chevy Nova's and arcane computers
and all, for 9 years, deserves a good meal and more. I'd vote for Hennon's
downtown or St. Johns on Market as much better than RC's..

I'm still thinking there would be a market for a very limited e-ink
tablet-ish device, as menu, signage, and perfect for self-serve
resturaunts but with current more capable tablets being cheap, that niche
may have been evaporated.