[Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: iPads for Everyone

Benjamin Stewart stewartbenjamin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:32:40 UTC 2013

Try pricing a "real" point-of-sale system with a resistive touchscreen and
an Atom processor. The ones we use for timeclocks at $work cost at least
twice what an iPad costs.

Also, I've seen iPod touches used as kiosks at a museum. Keeping you inside
the kiosk app is as easy as putting the iThing in a case that covers up the
"home" button.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Ed King <chevyiinova at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I've heard a rumor that the Ruth's Chris Steak restaurant near Hamilton
> Place area used iPads to take orders...   but I can't vouch for that cause
> I am not the kinda guy to pay $100 for a meal for two...     well I might
> have to do that soon as my 9 year marriage anniversary is coming up this
> week

                              Benjamin Stewart

                               <o(((><