[Chugalug] iPads for Everyone

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Sep 16 00:04:36 UTC 2013

> Forgot which airport, but several restaurants had an iPad on every table.  Had some sort of cable locked
> onto the data/charge port so it couldn't leave the table.  Card swipe bar on box on table to pay with.
> Can't imagine what it cost, but there were hundreds of them.  May have been Minneapolis-St. Paul.

I've seen/used this type of system a couple of times in airports, and once in a "normal"
downtown business class resturaunt in Brazil, the best feature is the
ability to see the menu and order food and pay in a bunch of languages.

It's the perfect type of use for older iPads or limited Android tablets.