[Chugalug] Even I now have a tablet. Want to know more about it.

Jon Stanford jbirdvegas at aokp.co
Thu Sep 12 00:04:44 UTC 2013

I cant help with rooting that tablet specifically but I can offer some dev
insite.

Yes you can write apps for it without root. Period for all Android devices.
Android uses a fork of java. Yes JellyBean (JB) is a dramatic improvement
over Ice cream sandwitch (ICS). If your going to write apps for it you
should checkout Intellij IDEA (google it, the community edition is amazing
and free). Android studio (Google's official dev environment is a fork of
the community edition) is amazing.

The biggest benefit of rooting a device is having the ability to install a
custom ROM (shameless plug, AOKP is the best custom ROM available). The
benefit is you can get the latest (4.3 as you mentioned) android version
with lots of extra features that OEMs didnt bother to write from a
community of devs... once you have a custom ROM (especially one with lots
of user space options like AOKP) you will be spoiled and always root/rom
your devices.

Its kinda like windoze to linux you'll never go back.

As for rooting it... find the board name and google <board name> how to
root and *usually* you can find a solution.

But let us know your results/trials I might be able to help along the way.