[Chugalug] Am I Paranoid?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Sep 11 16:43:35 UTC 2013

On Sep 11, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Dan Lyke <danlyke at flutterby.com> wrote:

>> I like the idea of an encrypted sub-list.  It would be great for
>> testing PGP software.  And then we could have the next Chugalug
>> meetup at the FBI offices.
>
> I'll happily participate in an encrypted list. Anyone seen Mailman
> stuff that'll do that? And how does it work, does everyone on the list
> have to have everyone else's key, or does the list have everyone's key,
> decrypt and re-encrypt to a list key?

That's the part that is interesting to me.. I think (so far) what I have envisioned is a
web page where you upload your public key to joint the list - say: pgp at chugalug.org
and you download the public key for pgp at chugalug.org

Then it sends an email, signed for each individual person….

I know it's possible to create an email signed/encrypted for multiple people, I'd like to see if that is possible as well.

It might be a reason to re-learn Python and try to do this as an option for MailMan.. Or to do it in PHP (don't laugh)
as a different mailing list manager completely.