[Chugalug] Am I Paranoid?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Sep 11 14:20:28 UTC 2013

On Sep 11, 2013, at 9:35 AM, Peter Veotsch <petveot at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Turns out he has a 4096 bit encryption key.

I doubt that's the issue, you can try importing mine if you think that it's related. My work email key is 4096 bits.

Option 1:
Random rare coincidence

Option 2:
Your download of the key was hijacked, injected.. etc..  and used to compromise your system.
IT may or may not have been successful. If truly successful, you would not have had an issue.

Factors:  What ISP's were between you and the key-servers, updates applied to your Mac, cosmic rays…..

Just because you are paranoid, does not mean they aren't out to get you.

An idea, just for fun: a full PGP/GPG encrypted Chugalug sub-list?