[Chugalug] Apple announces the new iPhone...its gold.

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 20:36:29 UTC 2013

Keith,
I am really digging NFC as a means to security.
This is a cool project I recently backed:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mclear/nfc-ring

I plan on using the ring to lock and unlock my phone, simply by placing the
phone in my hand.  Stick it in my pocket, and it locks.  Take it out of my
pocket, it reads the NFC ring, and unlocks. Completely "hands free" and
unless the thief steals my ring, they cant unlock the phone.

Apple still refuses to admit the viability of NFC.  I use Google Wallet all
the time to pay for my goods.  Its really slick.